Thursday 2 February 2017

UP ABOVE THE WORLD SO HIGH....



The only airport in Bhutan is situated at Paro. Situated at a height of 18,000 ft from msl it is the worlds most dangerous airport. As you can see from the picture the airport is deep in the valley and surrounded by steep hils on both sides. My heart is always in my mouth whenever i land in this airport.
I have travelleed the world over and has also visited some of the busiest airports in the world but Paro always mesmerizes me and also makes me nervous at the same time. Flights only cater during the daytime from sunrise to sunset due to the extreme weather conditions and altitude.
Each time i fly to Paro i manage to grab a seat on the left hand side of the aircraft as the flight passes through Mt. Everest. Each time i fly pass Bhutan my eyes are glued to the window like a kid as i had been years ago during my first visit. I solely enjoying the beauty outside. After i land at the airport the air is quite serene outside, this experience has become a ritual for me now as i visit the coutry each year.







No comments:

Post a Comment